Dental Exams & Cleanings
A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by your dentist at your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, Dr. Tanvi Dusane and your hygienist will perform the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
Professional Dental Cleaning
Professional teeth cleanings (dental prophylaxis) are usually performed by Registered Dental Hygienists. Your cleaning appointment will include a dental exam and the following:
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
What we Do
Redefining Dental Care at Rosenberg Family Smiles
At Rosenberg Family Smiles, our commitment to comprehensive dental care extends beyond Rosenberg, TX. Our dental clinic is conveniently located at 2307 4th Street, Rosenberg, TX 77471; we warmly welcome Rosenberg, Richmond, Sugar Land, Cumings, Pecan Grove, and surrounding residents. We prioritize your convenience with flexible scheduling options, allowing you to book appointments online or walk-in at your convenience. Your oral health is our top priority, and we're dedicated to providing you with exceptional care. Contact us at (281) 232-2887 to experience our patient-focused approach firsthand.
holds a Texas state dental license
Dr. Tanvi Dusane
MON-FRI: 9 AM – 22 PM
SATURDAY: 9 AM – 20 PM
What People Say About Us
I have been going to Rosenberg Smiles for years!!! They have a gorgeous office that is so clean and very modern. The entire staff is professional and friendly.
I have been a patient of Dr. Tanvi Dusane's for many years. I would not want to go to anyone else. Her office staff & hygienists are top-notch as well.